Wednesday, February 17, 2016


Dreamcatcher Blog
Where dreams can become reality

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd update everyone on mine and Karl's RVing adventure and the writing life. We've been living in the RV since October and it has been a challenge. It's smaller. Only about 300 feet. We have an Open Range fifth wheel (one bedroom, one bath and a pull out sofa for guests). It's like a tiny apartment. Learning to cook in the smaller oven was initially aggravating, but I'd read enough blogs to know I needed to get a stone. My wonderful daughter bought me one from Pampered Chef. The stone in the oven made all the difference. Yea, I can cook again!

We also discovered, even though we have solar panels, it doesn't mean we can run every appliance. It shuts off the Keurig, my convection oven and a few more things. We can, however, run my small coffee pot, the toaster, vacuum, TV and a few other things.

Also, since we're still in North Texas in the winter, it's cold and we go through a tank of propane about every 3 days. Since we're still parked beside our house ---which goes on the market very soon---we plugged into shore power. Now we can use all appliances and the electric fireplace. If it doesn't dip into the 20's the RV stays cozy warm When we head out on April 21st we'll be chasing warmer climates.

Getting the house ready to sell and still working part-time has been a time stealer.  I'm ready to spend more time on writing! I'm working on a brand new series, though, and almost finished with the second book. I want to get a few done before I start putting them out so there'll be no wait time between books. I'm also working on getting the rights back to more of my back list and getting them up.

That's about it for this time. I hope everyone has a fantastic 2016 and remember, it doesn't take a lot to follow your dreams. 
Hugs,
Karen Kelley
www.authorkarenkelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment